Florida's Space Coast has several all-new adventures the whole family can enjoy this year.
What’s New in 2014?
- Port Canaveral - Those looking to cruise to exotic places this year will delight in two cruise ships - Carnival Liberty and Carnival Sunshine - scheduled to sail year-round from their new home at Port Canaveral. Visitors can now discover the all-new Exploration Tower with interactive experiences and adventures for all ages. A popular embarkation location for Carnival, Disney, and Royal Caribbean cruise lines, Port Canaveral also serves as a favorite port of call with an average of about 150 calls each year.
- Treetop Trek at the Brevard Zoo – Now at the Brevard Zoo’s Treetop Trek – an exciting outdoor adventure filled with zip lines, thrill seekers can experience the all-new Black Diamond section. It promises even bigger challenges including a vertical climb, ultimate monkey bars, and a vertical zip line descent.
- Museum of Dinosaurs and Ancient Cultures - Coming soon, Cocoa Beach will become home to the Museum of Dinosaurs and Ancient Cultures where kids and families can explore dinosaurs around every corner.
Must Do Festivals Return
- 17th Annual Space Coast Birding & Wildlife Festival – Wildlife gurus will flock to this festival that allows bird lovers to get closer than ever to intriguing birds of prey January 22 through 27 in Titusville.
- Cocoa Village Mardi Gras – On February 22, Historic Cocoa Village transforms into a true New Orleans-style Mardi Gras with a variety of Zydeco, Jazz and Blues bands on three stages, a parade of floats where spectators can catch hundreds of beads from more than 30 floats, roving entertainment and much more.
- Port Canaveral Seafood Festival – February 28 through March 1 visitors will dine on fresh seafood prepared by Space Coast’s very own local chefs. Families can enjoy activities, fishing exhibits, tours and entertainment.
- Ron Jon Beach n’ Boards Fest - Surfers and beach lovers are celebrated March 12 through 16 at Cocoa Beach during competitions, exhibitions, board sports, music, volleyball, entertainment and Florida’s biggest and richest pro surfing contest.
- Runaway Country Music Fest – Turn up the music this March 21 through 22 at Wickham Park in Melbourne for the hottest country music event in Florida. See top acts including Keith Urban, Toby Keith, The Band Perry, Joe Nichols, Rodney Atkins, Chris Cagle, Charlie Daniels Band and Colt Ford.
- Brevard Wildlife Corridor Expedition - April 3 through 13 nature fans can go on an adventurous excursion as this festival travels across the county offering more than 80 events and activities which include hiking, cycling (off-road fat tire treks), kayaking, horseback riding, standup paddling, overnight and multiple-day excursions (on land and on the water), wildlife excursions, expert-led learning tours, photography and conservation events.
Step Off The Beaten Path
- 3rd Annual Florida Key Lime Pie Festival – Savor in the rich and delightful flavors of the Key Lime Pie Festival at Kiwanis Island Park in Merritt Island from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on January 18.
- Sunshine State Eggfest – This March 14 and 15 at the Crowne Plaza Resort in Melbourne, feel the heat as countless Big Green Egg grills blaze with rich BBQ recipes and dishes from local chefs that guests can sink their teeth into.
- Brevard Zoo’s 20th Birthday Celebration - Help Brevard Zoo celebrate its 20th Birthday Party with the opening of Meerkat Hamlet on March 15 and the return of butterflies with Butterfly Wings and Enchanted Things starting on May 24.
- Food Truck Wars – Find a new favorite cuisine during Palm Bay’s Food Truck Wars and competition this May.
- 5th Annual Thunder On The Beach – Don’t miss the only official national and international sanctioning body for offshore powerboat racing in the world at Cocoa Beach on May 16 through 18.
To discover and learn more about all of Florida’s Space Coast’s events, experiences, dining options and hotels, visit www.visitspacecoast.com.
Contact me to learn how you can start enjoying the good life here in Brevard County on the Space Coast. Talk to the BEACH EXPERT!
Homes for Sale